Monday, December 22, 2008

A parade!

When I was little, I loved going to parades! I loved the marching bands, cheerleaders, and the beauty queens waving. So I was so excited to take Mary Riley to her first parade in downtown Kennesaw. Boy, have parades changed!

Almost every "float" or vehicle was throwing candy! At first it was fun to watch MR run out in the street and grab the candy, but after a while she expected it. And Thad and I were busy trying to keep her from eating all of it. The candy filled almost all of the basket on the stroller full! (I don't remember this part of parades at all.)

All in all, it was a great (and cold) time. Santa Claus was at the end being pulled by real reindeer, of course!



Candy!


Santa Claus and his reindeer


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seemed to get pretty excited when the cloggers and tap dancers came by too!

4 Lettre Words said...

We love the parade! Aren't the reindeer cool?!?

Merry Christmas!!