
I do not think I have ever really explained how our kiddos got the names they have. So here it is!
Mary Riley
Mary is my paternal grandmother's name. She is a big part of my life and always has been. She has 14 grand kids and if you ask any of us we would each tell you that we are her favorite. she makes all of us seem so very special and I don't know how she does it!! Plus she was a big part of mine and Thad's life in the beginning. Her house (since it was in town, and we both lived in the country) was always our meeting place. She always had coca-cola for us the drink and Cheez-its!
Riley is Thad's dad's name. I always loved this name for a little girl and it almost ended up being her first name. But then I really wanted a to call her a double name. She will probably hate this later in life, but I just love it!
Of course we do shorten her name to MR most days.
James Nix
James is Thad's first name. Being that this is his first boy (and his only!) we decided to give him Thad's first name. Nix is Thad's mother's maiden name. I love this name and always wanted to name our first son this. We call him Nix because I think it is a very unique and bold name.
In addition, Thad had an uncle, James Nix, that he always thought a lot of and was special to him.
We have ended up calling him Nixxy quite a bit, so I am sure he will hate that as well!
We probably did both of our kids an injustice to their names by calling MR both names and Nix by his middle name. At the Dr offices we have to listen out for Mary and James a lot! But I do love how their names have a lot of family meaning to them.





1 comment:
What a fun post and great names...Stopping by to say Happy Mother's Day...
Have a few hours to blog hop and nothing makes me happier.
I have a GREAT GIVEAWAY that I will be drawing for on Sunday night.
Post a Comment