Our neighborhood got flooded yesterday from all the rain we have had. I lost count of the inches somewhere last week. When I got news that some of the entrances to our neighborhood were closing, I got MR from school and we rushed home. Thad did as well. After some of the rain, Thad and MR walked down to the lower-lying areas to get some pictures.
(Please excuse MR's apparel. Those that know me best, know that that normally she would NOT be allowed to step foot out of the house in this get-up. But she loves this shirt that her daddy bought her from some reason. Probably just to aggravate me.)
Anyway....on to the pictures.
This used to be the neighborhood soccer field (you can see the goal in the background) and park. Also notice how MR is holding up her skirt so it does not get wet. :)
The creek that has never been this high. Usually it is just a little stream.





2 comments:
The outfit cracks me up. LOL It is amazing how fast the water receded but scary how quickly we know it can come back up if the rain picks up crazy like that again.
In this get-up. You crack me up. James has the same shirt. We got it from Target. That's probably where Thad got it, too.
I hope that you have a boy. Thad needs one. And it's obvious that you can't recycle any of MR's clothes, unless you name the baby Mary Riley, Jr.
Post a Comment