When Thad and I started dating almost 15 years ago (yikes!), his sister Becky was living in
Ellijay (north Ga). I got to go up there many times with his family to visit. Then Thad lived up there for about a year after high school. Our favorite place to eat was Poole's BBQ. When we ate there, it was just a little shack, now they have made a bit of money so they built a new building.
Well this weekend, I was craving Poole's BBQ, so we took the hour-long drive up to
Ellijay just to satisfy my craving.
Thad and MR enjoying the BBQ.

Posing with the Pig Mobile that used to be in working order. I remember seeing it drive around
Ellijay. Also the owner used to drive it to Capital
Hill and has many pictures with politicians from all over the world.

Pig
Hill of Fame. You can buy a wooden pig and have any message put on it for only $5. Thad and I did this in 1994. But we have yet to find our pig on this hill.
No comments:
Post a Comment