My mom put me in ballet at an early age, as I was a clumsy child. She thought it would help to improve my clumsiness through the years. Boy, was she wrong! While I did continue ballet and loved every bit of it for 14 years (even had the role of Sleeping Beauty in my last year), I am still to this day clumsy. My dance teacher, Miss Patty Zipperer, is not to blame.
Just some of my most memorable (aka. publicy attended) falls:
- Georgia Southwestern, 1996, Kappa Delta Flag Football Game
I thought I would be cool and show everyone how I could walk on my hands. Instead I fell straight on my head and had a recurring neck problem for many years. Probably made my chirpractor rich off that one.
- Georgia Southwestern, 1996, Pi Kappa Phi House Party
I leaned against a set of doors that I thought was closed. WRONG! Fell right through those doors.
- Transoft (work), 2000, Stairwell
Skipping up the stairs at work, missed the step, fell flat on my face and knee in front of co-workers.
- Home, 2005, Stairs
Walking down the stairs at 6months pregnant with Mary Riley, slipped and bumped all the way down the stairs. I actually had to go to the hospital with this one, but all was ok.
- And today, curb in front of mailbox
Walking to get mail, slipped off the curb and fell in the middle of our very busy street.
Maybe those where I was pregnant don't count as all pregnant women are a little off balance, right??
And those at college probably don't count either, but I really won't say why.
So while my parents never gave me a middle name when I was born (a whole other blog post!), it should have been Grace.
8 years ago





1 comment:
Jackster,
I love this post because it gives us all a little insight into you as YOU, not just you as 'mommy'.
Kisses,
Charlene
Post a Comment