Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mountain Getaway

We were so lucky to be able to get away to the North Georgia mountains this past weekend with my parents, sister and brother-in-law. We had the best time and the weather was absolutely gorgeous.

The cabin was right outside of Ellijay. thad lived in Ellijay for about year while we were dating with his sister Becky. So he was our "tour guide" for the weekend. His famous words were, "Right around this curve is the scenic overlook"...which was to be just five minutes up the road. Those five minutes turned in to 30 minutes. But it was fun.

Instead of going to Ellijay's famous Apple Festival, we just walked around the town square of Ellijay. It was great! Looking in the antique stores, drinking cider and eating apple dumplings (my favorite!). I even found a local lady that makes cute children's clothes and bows! What luck! :) (I can find these people anywhere!)

We rode up Fort Mountain to a scenic overlook and found some waterfalls and rocks to climb around. Thad and I used to go up this mountain all the time when we were dating. It was fun to go back and see how much it has changed.

MR asks to go back to the "mountain house" all the time now. Maybe a future investment??



MR and Grammy



From the Scenic Overlook



MR and Uncle Tommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good weekend. I went to the Apple Festival on Sunday.